Numan

Andy Smith andy.smith@...
Thu Feb 8 13:58:38 CET 2001

>    From: Stuart McHugh <stuart@...>
>
> Anyone hear the Gary Numan session last night? (Never thought I'd ever say
> that, since the last one in 1980 or so!)
> I must say I didn't think too much of the stuff he did late last year,
> which prompted Peel to book him (maybe it was him doing oldies which I've
> heard too often already) but I thought the new stuff sounded really good...
> and Down in the Park also reworked ok. Best one was the one with 'Messiah'

Down In The Park was great, I didn't enjoy the other stuff so much.
I think I preferred the old "slightly crappy" Tubeway Army sound to
the modern, industrial perfection approach.

Does the new Murry The Hump single signify that the album is imminent?
I like the track but on a first listen I thought the production was
a bit "nice". Still, if that's what they're after it's fine, I'm just
used to the live version after their numerous Oxford visits. I'll grow
to love it.

Andy