[peel] Re: Arse! Feck! etc

Andrew Morrison morriso@...
Fri Dec 28 15:24:24 CET 2001

Oh, yeah! Vatican Broadside got played once again, along with Bob Wilson, Anchorman.  Was I the only one that guessed an emergency tape had kicked in for the first five minutes of Mogwai's single?  John sounded very pissed off about that - don't blame him!  Nice to hear Melys getting the top spot.

Regards,
Andrew Morrison
Email: morriso@...
ICQ No. 52250781
Website: http://www.trustnoone.org.uk
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stuart McHugh
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 2:19 PM
  Subject: [peel] Re: Arse! Feck! etc

  >or some reason, (my guess is neighbours' ridiculous amount of flashing
  >fairy lights), my R1 FM reception has gone belly up (on,off,on,off), and
  >attempts to reposition my aerial in the loft have made no difference, hence
  >my annual recording of the F50 has failed :-(
  >
  >So, if anybody has recorded these shows to MP3 could they copy some for me?
  >Will send SAE and blank CDs - whole shows preferable as there are usually
  >some extra goodies in there.

  Count me in on any taping goings-on since I managed to hear precisely
  3 tracks (19-21) over the 3 days for a variety of complex and stoopid
  reasons.
  What  really need to know is - did he actually *play* 'Vatican Broadside'?

  Stuart

  PS the 50 along with clips from the tracks is at
  http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/peel_features/peel_festive_fifty_2001.shtml