An when I say ah-fode....

Tom Roche troche@...
Tue Dec 11 02:26:16 CET 2001

I got my vote in under the wire.

I had to cast one for Cowcube's "Ye Old School" - the one with the pleasant lady singing "jumpin all around and scritch-scritch-scratchin." Of course I cant be sure of it is from 2000 or 2001, I mean how can you really tell when there aren't really "release dates" on these home demos. There's no date on the CD I got. So 2001 it is.

I really liked Low's "Dinosaur Act" over the other Low songs. It seems to have come out in Jan 2001 so maybe it'll count too. 3rd Choice was No Trophy by the Bees, a fine single with an even better dub side.

So now may I draw on the vast wisdom of the group.... a few months ago JP played a vintage R&B track, mid 50's certainly, with about a guy who'd bought a fancy car on credit that he now couldn't afford. Real funny story and real funny urban-slang drawl in the singer's delivery. The last lines of the song concerned how he was turning in the car (a Cadillac?) and gettin sumthin he could ah-fode. "An when I say ah-fode I mean a Fode (Ford)"

So, who was that by....?

tom

ps: am I the only list-er in the States? Sigur Ros is on CBS Friday night...