richie hawtin

Nicola & Giovanni Gandolfi tom3233@...
Fri Apr 20 12:38:36 CEST 2001

Hello list,

I have been listening to Peel for the last 6 years via the Astra satellite
(since I live in Bologna, Italy). The BBC has stopped their broadcasting on
analog satellite 2 weeks ago and now I'm deprived of what has been a
religious following of Peel's show (with all the tapings involved). I have
yet to figure out a way to see if by acquiring the digital satellite it is
still possible to get radio one over here. The internet is out of the
question because it would be almost cheaper for me to take a plane and come
to the uk to listen through a standard FM radio. Plus the sound quality is
not as good as it was with the satellite.
Since in the last two weeks I've already missed real treats and I've seen
that this week essential mix will be by Richie Hawtin I was wondering if any
peel listener is going to tape the 2 hour mix and eventually is willing to
send it to me. This e-mail is Peel related in the sense that Richie Hawtin
is one of John's darlings. I would also really appreciate if anyone on the
list who was listening to radio one via the Astra satellite knows what
should I do now.
Thanks,

Giovanni

p.s. I'm desperate.