Fw: Save "Zach's Trax" Campaign

ivan thomasz ivanix@...
Sat Sep 2 04:59:42 CEST 2000

Dear John,

You might not remember me, but I used to write you postcards asking you to
play records by Singaporean bands such as the Padres on your show. I was
also very thrilled when you granted my request to play "Shot by Both Sides"
by Magazine as a dedication to the bands in the Singapore music scene back
in 1991, I think.

Now, I come to you with another request of a more serious nature. I would
like to enlist your help in getting a local radio personality to get his
recently cancelled show back on Singapore radio.

The radio presenter I'm talking about is Paul Zach, an American journalist
and radio show host who has been playing all sorts of wonderful music,
regardless of genre (just like you) on his show called Zach's Trax, for the
past nine years or so.

You can imagine how appalled Zach's fans were, when the station concerned,
Radio Heart,  summarily cancelled his show without offering any satisfactory
reasons to their listeners.

I appeal to you now to help your fellow presenter continue with his vocation
of informing and entertaining his listeners, by joining in our e-mail
campaign to get Zach's Trax reinstated. The e-mail address of the Head of
Programming at Radio Heart, Bernard Law, is lawcg@.... My
letter to Mr. Law is attached.

For the record, I was also one of those also appealed to the BBC to retain
your esteemed colleague Andy Kershaw. Good on all his fans who fought to
have him back at the Beeb!

Thank you very much for your time and all the best to you and your
colleagues at the BBC.

Regards,

Ivan Thomasz

P.S. Any member of the Peel list at egroups is more than welcome to join in
this campaign.