audience demographics

Andy Smith andy.smith@...
Mon Oct 23 10:55:16 CEST 2000

Stuart:

> I'm not sure if a tape of Peelie enthusing over the Trail of Dead is
> necessarily going to make more people tune in...

and what is it with the Trail of Dead all of a sudden? I seem to
remember hearing them for at least a few years on Peel, with no
noticeable impact anywhere else, and now they're everywhere.

Anyone got the PJ Harvey album yet? Or the Hefner (is it out?).
Being a Shifty Disco loyalist I've recently got the Nought and Pluto
Monkey albums. I'm enjoying Pluto Monkey, more than I ever enjoyed any
Dawn Of The Replicants but then they were never quite odd enough for
my liking. I've only heard bits of the Nought so far - the good bits
are great but some of it's a bit jazz.

Andy