[peel] Peel On Holiday

Aidan Warner aidan@...
Wed Jul 5 00:52:11 CEST 2000

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000 23:57:42 +0000 Ed Blackmore wrote:

> > When Peel goes on holiday next week he's to be replaced by
> > ... wait for it... Gilles Peterson
> >
> > Yes its coffee table jazz and early nights all round folks!
>
> It's kind of nice, I can plan something else to do, and not miss
> Peely. I'm going to do a full week at my old boarding school
> gardening/general working. Pay off a bit of my student overdraft!
>
> Yeah, it would have been an excellent opportunity to get Kershaw some
> "prime time" air play! I wonder who would have been scheduled if Andy
> was still with R1? Surely they wouldn't have still given Giles
> Peterson all three nights?

Lamacq should have got an extra hour each night, and then MAH should
have got an extra hour Monday and Tuesday, etc...

Much simpler, and the way they do the afternoon programming, too.

Aidan

- Sunderland Music Online: http://www.sunderlandmusic.co.uk
- m: 07779 901 933 | icq: 15027703
- frustrate spies: http://www.obscurity.freeserve.co.uk/pgp

I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty - Bart's blackboard lines