All time FF

festiv50@... festiv50@...
Thu Jan 27 00:25:26 CET 2000

I have not read all of the postings as I have only just found this site,
so I may be repeating stuff.
The All time FF:
1) Is very reminscent of my 1st tapes of the FF ('84), which was possibly
the last before he changed the format to tracks/sessions released/1st
recorded in that year.
2) None or very little "global" music - No Bhundu Boys or Papa Wembey(J.P's
   Favourite guitarist).
3) I get the impression that people voting for Beatles and Beach Boys
   tracks heard J.P. for the 1st time when he announced this chart.  I bet
   no-one on this board voted for these tracks.
4) My next 2 point may cancel each other out.
   a)I don't mean to be patronising but generally the younger listeners
     may have a limited view ie. have less of a selection(haven't heard
     much of the earlier stuff)
   b)The older listeners (this is even more contentious) may have
     reached the point where they can't accept "new" music(unlikely,
     as they would have stopped listening by now). The reason for this
     point is that most of my colleagues on reaching 40,  their music
     taste stops at Phil Collins and Simply Red. I have only 1 aquaintance of
     my age (49 this year)who still listens to Peely.