Voting for John Peel's Festive 50s

ijgrieve@... ijgrieve@...
Sun Jan 23 00:37:38 CET 2000

Just, perhaps, of interest, these are the tracks I voted for for the 1999 Festive 50:

1 COGNOSCENTI VS INTELLIGENTSIA Cuban Boys
2 THE SHAG IS TOTALLY COOL Billy Graves
3 YOU EAT ONE LOUSY FOOT AND YOU'RE A CANNIBAL Spray

The second one I wasn't sure if it counted as 1999
or not so I put a 4th one on the bottom:

4 I CONFESS Marine Research

with instructions to shift the bottom 2 up one
if #2 was ineligible.

Track #3 was one of my favourites I've ever
heard on John Peel, so I voted for that even
though I knew that it hadn't a chance of
getting in really. I thought it was really good
and original and more should have been made of it.

For the all time Festive 50 I voted for my real
favourite 3 tracks even though I've only listened
since 1996 and knew they probably wouldn't get in:

1 BETTER THAN MYSELF Cay
2 RUNAWAY Discount
3 EXILED Travis Cut