me

Rob robfleay@...
Sat Jan 22 06:19:08 CET 2000

> I heard this comment on the radio last week and almost e-mailed a
> direct reply. I'm sure we could have a protracted debate on why it's
> mostly guitar stuff that gets in (I reckon it's because dance stuff
> can date more quickly, or people go for songs)

Retrospect is a fabulous thing but I reckon it might have
been better to have done an all-time Festive 50 just of
artists/bands and let John Peel choose a random/favourite
track.
There is some sort of logic to my
argument...err...somewhere.

a) rather than 5 or 6 tracks by the usual suspects (Fall,
Wedding Present etc) there would just be one - leaving
more space in the chart for other bands.

b) Ivor Cutler - GENIUS...but can you think of ONE stand
out track to pick on? I know I can't. I'd say this principle
applies to many artists that get regular airplay on the Peel
shows

c) it'd be a damn sight easier to VOTE....I gave up trying
to think of my favourite 3 SONGS...there are too many. I
reckon it has to be easier to get to 3 artists rather than 3
songs??

robfleay@...
http://www.aas.mcmail.com