Lack of Bowie

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Fri Jan 21 20:07:28 CET 2000

>And let's face it, with one or two
>exceptions, Bowie has been nothing but routine since
>1980.  John Leslie, Aberdeen
Interestingly, I heard the new Bowie single today and it appears to be an
attempt to return to form. It's ok, nothing special (well, on one listen),
perhaps he's trying too hard. But Tin Machine it ain't.

I've lost track where we are with the ATF50, but I think there's 10 left,
leaving room for 2*Pistols, 2*Joy Division and 1* New Order & Undertones
(and 'Hammersmith Palais' as Gez said, surely?) as mandatory - you know the
ones. Question is which Smiths and Fall tracks will make up the numbers.
And whither the Mary Chain? It's actually getting quite exciting, or am I
just sad? (Peelie's bored because he knows the ending!)

Stuart