F50 (what else)

wadh1010@... wadh1010@...
Fri Jan 14 11:05:47 CET 2000

> For some reason I was just wondering if there'd be any Dave Bowie in the
> chart, I suspect not but he's a lot closer to what Peel's shows usually
> stand for than the Beach Boys and Beatles, IMO.

Although I was pretty amazed to see that "Life on Mars" came in at Number 17 (or something) on the most recent Radio 1 general all-time chart, which does suggest perhaps that there is a popular consensus building as to which song one should vote for in such circumstances. I've got a tape somewhere of the Flaming Lips doing it for a session a couple of years ago - bluddy marvellous.

Surprised the Delgados weren't higher.

Dan