Peel on Radiomafia

Goofy Kent goofys@...
Tue Feb 29 23:26:26 CET 2000

> I ask this because on one BBC program recently you mentioned Radio Mafia,
a station - where was it, Finland? Poland? - to whom you send a weekly hour.
I did some web searching and found they are now webcasting, and Wednesdays
at 11PM London time your show is there on the Radio Mafia . Right in the
middle of the Wednesday Radio 1 show, unfortunately

http://www.yle.fi/radiomafia/johnpeel/
> Click the icon labelled kuuntele, I guess that Finnish for 'Great Music'.

Although I�m not John, I thought I should probably say something about this,
since I�m the token Finnish person in this onelist community.

Radiomafia is part of YLE, which is the equivalent of BBC here in Finland
(ie national broadcasting company). Mr Peel has done a one-hour fortnightly
show for Finnish radio since 1986 (if I remember correctly). Since the
beginning of this year his show has been rescheduled and it now broadcasts
on every other Wednesday at 11-12 P.M. London time, so the next show should
come out on March 8th.

It should be fairly easy to listen to (yes, "kuuntele" is Finnish for
"listen", you dummies) via the net, as I occasionally try to catch an earful
of his Radio 1 shows, too. Though the stuff he plays on our shows is for the
most part (about 80%) the same as on his main programmes. Only we don�t get
any of those session tracks, those being copyrighted property of BBC and
thus not possible to broadcast here. But luckily, we were spared those
ridiculous millennium charts and festive fifties which I think are a
complete waste of time. Although I must say, I was quite amused when I read
your comments about them.

Poland? Give us a f***ing break!

Goofy Kent
bastard brother of Clark�n�Nick