1999 F50

r.i.trevethick@... r.i.trevethick@...
Mon Feb 14 15:48:39 CET 2000

OK, I know it's 2 months too late, but I've just found this site and I've
noticed that this years F50 didn't generate much debate.

So I thought I'd start by saying how disappointed I was with it, especially
the top 10.  It seems people vote for the "big" bands (e.g. The Fall, Flaming
Lips, Gorky's, SFA) no matter how good their songs were.  Take Gorky's for
example, they released one single in 1999, therefore Gorky's fans feel that
they have to vote for it.  No.5?, it wouldn't make my top 100 (and I quite
like the band).  At least it was nice to see a good showing from Hefner.

Anyway, here are the 3 that I voted for:

3. Plone - Be rude to your school
2. Autechre - Netlon Sentinel
1. Calexico - Glowing heart of the world (how did this not make the top 50?)

I would be interested to see what other people voted for.

That's all from me,

Rob

P.S. Sorry Gorky's, didn't mean to pick on you