[ B A D M U S I C ] is here......

pete flynn pete@...
Mon Feb 14 01:10:36 CET 2000

        [fanfare........]

good evening

this is just a friendly email, to inform you of the fact that BADMUSIC is
finally finished.

Would you like to know more?  Go on, it'll be Monday morning when you get
this. You'll have nothing else you will want to do if you've been forced to
be awake, especially if yr reading this at school/college/uni/work.
Inndulge me.  And yo'selves..

BADMUSIC is the label-cum-website fanzine """thing""" that is being "done"
by pete flynn of Clean Shaven fanzine, and ric melia, his friend and
contributor.  He has had the crazy idea of doing a record label.  He has
also succeeded in pestering me to put the fanzine on-line. So here we are.

http://www.BADMUSIC.net

the Clean^Shaven half of Badmusic_dot_net is basically an ropey cosmetic
extension of Clean Shaven, some fanzine based in the Godalming/Guildford
area in the sarf of england with fetishes for the likes of The Monsoon
Bassoon/Carter USM/Blur/Leeds United FC/noisey fine muzik/vitriol and bile
and soooo much more. Apologies to those who've spent money on the zine, but
hey you have it on the net now for FREE.

Right, the hard sell.....

you get the interior of my head in the form of some spur-of-the-moment
personal writing; musical goodies in the form of important (& elsewhere not
really covered) NEWS and a few bunches of reviews for you to disagree with
(more still to be done--gigs and LPs from '99 and 2000 are impending..); and
in the future there will be columns and pieces from other people with things
of worth to say too.

PLUS (and arguably most importantly), there's a fair chunk of the site
devoted to the local (Surrey/Hampshire) music scene; this includes
information about some of the better bands around currently, as well as
constantly-updated information on gigs in the area (AND info on the venues
and how to get to them, just for you my friends).  Please pass information
of the site on to people you know who would be interested, spread the word,
I want Badmusic to work as a music resource thing for the burgeoning local
scene.  Cheerz.

In fact, tell all yr mates/family/pets/enemies about it ALL.  Leave a
message in the guestbook.  Tell me you want your site linked to me (or
un-linked, if you hate it).  Whatever.  Just go have a look around..
[pleeeeeease].

AND THEN there's the other half: Badmusic the LABEL, which is Ric's baby,
but I'll quickly mention it.  The first release is by the stunning
Caretaker, who've already got fans in Seafood and Jamie of Scarfo/Fiji,
Fierce Panda rekkids (a future EP of whose they will be contributing too),
and a growing legion of others.  And thenn there's the plans we've got for
future things.

If you would like to be kept up to date on the "happenings" of BADMUSIC,
please add your email to the mailing list on the front of the site!.  This
is basically a one-off to friends / people i "know" (in whatever vague
sense).  If yuo don't get on the list, I'll know where we stand. hmph.
[....]

And eternal apologies to anyone i owe emails/letters/fanzines to *STILL*,
all will be rectified in the next 2 weeks.
(no really....it _will_...)

Sleep tight, my ducklings.

Love,
        pete xxx

ps--oh, and happy valentine's day.  I love you all.

--
pete@...  ^  http://www.badmusic.net

Donate Food For Free http://www.thehungersite.com

CLEAN SHAVEN # 3: 136 pages, just �1
       Interviews with The Monsoon Bassoon, Hirameka Hi-Fi , Terrorvision,
Rothko, Vandals, Monkey Boy, Kilter, 3 Colours Red, Reynolds & Fruitbat;
as well as some stuff you actually do like.  Maybe.  "hard fuck music for
gun bitches."
--> money & A5 sae (50p or close, less @ own risk) to 9 Beech Way, Oakdene
Road, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1QG.