ker punk

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Mon Feb 7 20:18:55 CET 2000

>Anyhow, speaking of the Sex Pistols, we can debate punk bands at
>length after next Saturday's Channel 4 Top Ten Punk Bands. Not to
>be missed

Go on, you start... I could rant on as usual about the non-appearance of
the Adverts, and the Irish record showing up again, but I was more
intrigued by the data-gathering techniques of Channel 4. After all, how
many punk points does it take to get in the top 10? And surely with all
those safety pins about, it should if anything be the groups that amass the
least point that get in the chart - "and now, at number ! with NO punk rock
points - it's... The Cortinas!!!"
That's the way I remember 1977 anyway...