quiz nite

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Thu Dec 21 09:50:26 CET 2000

Is it just the sad indie geek in me that leaves me surprised at the lack of
F50 knowldge of today's young (and not so young pop) stars?
I though the great nostalgia trip that was basically a bunch of golden Peel
show oldies would have generated full marks from all the guests, but no...
and even though I'm usually rotten at lyrics I seemed to be doing as well
as any of the panellists.
Other amusing moments - on David Gedge being asked a question on his own
song, a Cocteau complained "well, our lyrics are hardly likely to come up"
and asked for a clue to identify a band, Peel offered "they once lived with
my mum for 6 months".
And finally after an enormous silence as no-one hazarded a guess for
Scritti Politti, or someone, "wait, here comes the emergency tape".
The J Mascis cover of 'Everythig Flows' was pretty great too. I missed the
last 30 minutes of the show, anyting of note happen?

Stuart