[peel] Digest Number 206

Jan Buxton janb@...
Sat Apr 29 15:56:14 CEST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: charles.k.smith <charles.k.smith@...>
To: <peel@egroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 7:34 PM
Subject: RE: [peel] Digest Number 206

> >Ain't heard it but should. I loved the single, which I think I heard
Simon
> >Mayo playing! I guess it must be on the 'C' list, as is the Delgados
single

> Don't you think Radio 1's claim to break new music is a bit stupid if all
> they do is C-list new songs? I mean practically anything could become a
top
> ten hit if they A-listed it why don't they do that more often?

Because they're a bunch of arseholes. Its all about men in suits at record
companies coercing them into playing what they want with offers of exclusive
interviews etc with other bands in their stable. Radio 1 for their part are
just chasing ratings which isn't what public service broadcasting should be
all about.

--
Jan