Lithium Records, Scotland.

Polly Porno. topcat@...
Sun Nov 28 21:43:45 CET 1999

Hi,
My names Polly from Lithium Records, an independent record label based in Aberdeen, Scotland. I would like to tell you a little bit about our label and our bands. We have been formed just over a year, and we have world-wide distribution with 3MV/Pinnacle. We have released 6 singles and 2 albums so far, and our bands include The Needles, Magicdrive, and Lift.
The Needles(The Clash meets Phil Spector) are the most promising live band in Britain just now and have had much national radio and music press exposure including NME, Melody Maker, Radio 1 etc.
Their 3d single, Beat of the city, is released on the 31st Jan 2000. We have also signed Edinburgh band The Gents(Pulp meets The Rentals), and their debut single 'Tamagotchi', is released on Feb 14th 2000.
Magicdrive(The Pixies meets the Rezzilos) have had success in Japan with their debut EP for us 'Japanese schoolgirl', and Lift's debut single,(Radiohead meets Jeff Buckley) gained them a publishing deal with BMG.
You can find these tracks and others on MP3 format at our website, also information on all our previous releases, forthcoming gigs, past press etc. You can also join our mailing list there, which will keep you up to date on what we are doing, competitions and give-aways etc.
Check it out at:
 www.lithiumrecords.co.uk
Please let us know what you think of our MP3's, we usally put our releases up on-line for feed-back before we release them.
Thanks,
Polly.