Re All time F50

Tom Roche troche@...
Wed Nov 10 03:24:30 CET 1999

Peel has proven over the years that he has quite a personal distaste for looking back rather than looking forward, and this year (w/the alltime F50 and the big 60th b-day specials) will I'm sure prove to be an aberration. 2000 will be here before you know it and he'll be back to non-stop newness before you know it. But I'm kind of enjoying this side-trip, from the parts of his programmes I've managed to catch here in the States via cassette and internet.

And after all, if a DJ is to look back and provide some context, who better than Peel?

I surmise the real point of the all time F50 is two-fold: a) to come to some sort of one-time cultural consensus and b) to amuse Peel.

So when I send off my post card this week it'll probably list these 3 tracks:

1) Rites Of Spring - Igor Stravinsky

2) So What - Miles Davis

3) Hit The North - The Fall

And yours?

tom roche
atlanta

ps: glad Ken Garner is still on the list