Fav sessions

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Wed May 26 11:13:35 CEST 1999

I thought that Daisy Chainsaw had got rid of the singer? Is the new stuff a
departure from the old, which, well, let's say I wasn't too keen on?

Found an old session tape this morning, with Cabaret Voltaire, the Scars,
Van der Graaf and Bill Nelson. That must have been a good year, whatever it
was.
Probably the most unlikely session I ever heard was A Sudden Sway's first
one. This is almost indescribable, but it's 2 'pieces' which must have
taken a lot of mind-expanding drugs to write, kind of Blue Peter meets Rip
Rig and Panic.
The session that made most impact for me at the time was probably the This
Heat one from 1978 or so, (though in fact the album was much better) - I
had to listen under the bedclothes, not because I was supposed to be
asleep, but because "Fall of Saigon" was a terrifying piece of music to a
3-year-old. I'm sure this has had an influence on my listening habits,
though I am now capable of coming out from under the covers.

Stuart
PS All this 'Fonz" stuff is untrue, it's like one of those urban myths.
Keith, you can recognise me as looking more like Chairman Mao.

new for Spring, Jock Box Jury features sound clips and reviews of Mogwai,
Arab Strap, the Rev. Corps of Teenage Jesus, BOWS, and a load more:
http://www.vacant.demon.co.uk/jockrock/records/records.html