Peelennium

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Mon May 24 14:16:58 CEST 1999

>Also the real reason behind the mail could someone inform me as to what is
>the >aforementioned peel-ennia, it sounds interesting.

The Peelennium thing is basically Peelie playing (and the Pig announcing) 3
or 4 tracks from each year this century, on every show until the end of the
year/millennium - presumably they should get to 1999 roundabout Dec 30th or
so.
He said recently that they have every year up till 1950 or so planned out
(presumably because they only have 3 or 4 records from each of these years
available to them!).
On a similar note, I noted that one of the music mags - I've completely
forgotten which one, but it could be either Record Collector or Mojo? - has
a listing of 'key' records from every year of the century in its current
issue.
(I guessed Mojo as I was browsing it in Menzies, no I DID NOT buy a copy -
anyway, it also has a feature this month on the wackiest figures in pop,
such as Captain Beefheart, Arthur Lee, Mansun and Dave Lee Travis).

Stuart

new for Spring, Jock Box Jury features sound clips and reviews of Mogwai,
Arab Strap, the Rev. Corps of Teenage Jesus, BOWS, and a load more:
http://www.vacant.demon.co.uk/jockrock/records/records.html