Quickspace

Stephen_J._Wood@... Stephen_J._Wood@...
Sat Mar 6 22:06:01 CET 1999

Stig writes:
Yes, quite bizarre, this. Didn't he say he was going to be sharing the
studio with Simon Mayo? Was I hallucinating for that bit? This has got me
very worried. Strange and sinister stuff.

Stig, you can breathe a sigh of comic relief, it's just a charity stunt where
the crap christian DJ has to broadcast for 37 hours, to beat the world record
for broadcasting a radio show, so all the other Radio One shows that day
(next Thurs) will be similarly afflicted.

Peel is still playing the records, so hopefully the show's playlist will not
be affected. Not sure if Peel gets to do the links (which makes the supposed
37-hour show a bit of a fudge), or if we're subjected to Simon Salad Cream.
Will make a change for him to introduce an Extreme Noise Terror record,
anyway.

The one hopeful thing is that Radio Times seems to list the Peel section from
22.00 to 24.00, so maybe a welcome return to the "proper" length Peel show we
had in the good old days before the "repeel" of the corn laws. (He's not said
that for days now!).

Actually I don't begrudge the loss of Wednesdays' ten minutes, as Kermode's
movie update is the only thing (apart from Peel of course) worth listening to
on Radio One since Blue Jam finished. (In January I had to go out and buy
some extra long 3-hour DAT tapes, just for Wednesday nights!)

All this explains why Broadcasting Cottage will not be in use this Thursday,
but not yet sure why not the following week as well!

Cheers!

Rocker,

rocker@...