Quickspace

Stig jmsmall@...
Fri Mar 5 19:47:18 CET 1999

andrew dean wrote:
> there's a quickspace web site at http://www.quickspace.mcmail.com

And the Kitty Kitty Corps official website is at
http://www.percyg.demon.co.uk/kittykitty.html

> this also seemed to coincide
> with a change in direction from nice poppy songs like 'happy song #1'
> and the 'superplus' ep to, er, the current stuff which i find dull.

Um, I thought the Happy Song #1 and #2 was a bit ironic seeing as they
are the band's *only* happy songs... They did a Peel session and
released a couple of singles as Quickspace Supersport. What they do best
is haunting, melancholy stuff like 'Friend', 'Superplus', 'Docile' and
'Rise'. The last LP is a truly wonderful record which carries on this
tradition...

The Kitty Kitty Corporation is their own label and "Choosy" is the
catalogue code, I presume this is because Choosy is a make of catfood!

> last night peel mentioned something about having to share a studio in
> the forthcoming weeks, something like he was going to do the links but
> someone else was going to be playing the records. should we be worried
> about this? has someone at the bbc noticed the recent guffs? i can't
> help but think this is a bad thing.

Yes, quite bizarre, this. Didn't he say he was going to be sharing the
studio with Simon Mayo? Was I hallucinating for that bit? I really can't
imagine why this would be, surely the BBC realises that his lack of
technical perfection is one of the things that marks him apart from the
rest of the crowd. Technically flawless DJs are ten-a-penny. But who
wants a technically flawless DJ when you've got Peel?

This has got me very worried. Strange and sinister stuff.

Stig

--
jmsmall@...