Peej etc.

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Tue Mar 2 12:28:14 CET 1999

>Anyway, agreeing with Kim, I did notice a recent hint of Belle and
>Sebastian fan-like(*) intolerance of irreverence towards the great Mr
>Peel, which was worrying.
They probably feel he's sold out. And rightly too, broadcasting to millions
of listeners indeed. I preferred his earlier stuff on WXJL or whatever it
was called, when there were only a handful of cowherds, and the odd cattle,
picking him up on the crackly Texan airwaves. He really sold out when he
went to that Tool of the Man, Radio London. Still, it's good that he's
keeping it real on his shows in Finland and the World service, real lo-fi
stuff that you can only pick up if you have a satellite (either that or go
live in Helsinki), so it's only really open to Real Fans.

Stuart

http://www.vacant.demon.co.uk