Peej etc.

Andy Smith andys@...
Tue Mar 2 12:10:26 CET 1999

Stuart:

> >SOUND OF THE SUBURBS
>
> >I quite enjoyed it.... A bit rambling and incoherent
> > ... at times, but pleasantly lo-fi production.

> Are we taking the theme tune or the show here?

The show. It all looked like it had been made on the cheap and
was generally un-scripted etc. Justy Peely rambling on and the
camera struggling against failing light etc - or is it just always
dark in Scotland? (I suppose I should add a :o) )

Anyway, agreeing with Kim, I did notice a recent hint of Belle and
Sebastian fan-like(*) intolerance of irreverence towards the great Mr
Peel, which was worrying.

Agreeing further there HAS been an increase in incompetence lately but
maybe that's due to more gadgetry in the studio (minidisc players for
sessions etc) or the constantly-changing location of the show. I don't
see any hint of Peely getting tired of the music and retiring, if
anything I find it hard to comprehend his enthusiasm for some of the
stuff he plays.

The new Bis stuff he's been playing is great. Unfortunately they're
playing Oxford when I'm away on holiday. With my Mam.

AndyTBTG

(*) I love Belle and Sebastian, but I don't care what sort of biscuits
they like. As long as it's chocolate Hob Nobs cos they're the BEST!
Anyone who prefers other biscuits should DIE.