fall

Stig jmsmall@...
Mon Jun 14 00:40:55 CEST 1999

r wrote:
> I followed
> The Fall for a long time but the last album of their's that
> I bought was Middle Class Revolt...I was getting
> increasingly disappointed with them so I decided to not
> bother after that.

The last one I got was Levitate which I think is (mostly) excellent, I
think the ventures into drum-n-bass are quite fun although it probably
annoys some die-hards. I think I lost faith in MES after the whole
American tour / assault court-case / Smith-sacks-band thing after that
though - seemed to give the idea of Mark E Smith as a harmless lunatic
cum genius a sinister twist. I know this is not about the music but I've
been less inclined to pay out for records of theirs since then but can
be seen lingering in the Fall section of record shops every now and
again. I'm still not sure what the current permanent line-up is, anyone
know? Permanent in the loosest sense, obviously...

Is the Marshall Suite any good? There have been a few pretty good tracks
played on Peel's programme but I remain undecided if this is one I ought
to own.

Tiggipop

--
jmsmall@...