(Fwd) Bella Union Update

Steve Watts steve@...
Wed Jun 9 13:15:47 CEST 1999

This might be of interest...

At some point in the past 6 months you have written to the Cocteau
Twins or their record label Bella Union, and this email is to update
you on what's going on. We really do appreciate your messages and
support, and apologies that we don't always have the chance to reply
to you all direct.

The Cocteau Twins members are currently involved in solo projects.
Robin and Simon are writing together and separately, and these new
recordings will be released in 2000 on Bella Union. Elizabeth is also
recording a solo record for blanco y negro.

But the big news this week is the release of the SNEAKSTER debut album
"Pseudo Nouveau" (BELLACD10) on Bella Union.

SNEAKSTER are Mark Clifford (sounds) and Sophie Hinkley (voice)

Mark Clifford has been an influential figure in British electronic
music for several years now working out of the Warp Records stable
with his band Seefeel. Many Cocteau Twins fans will already be
familiar with his work from his re-mixes on the 1997 EP "Otherness".

Two limited edition EP's accompany the album; the first EP 'Splinters'
is already available on CD and vinyl, and the second featuring 4 Robin
Guthrie re-mixes of new tracks will be released this summer.

FUTURE RELEASES

COCTEAU TWINS BBC RADIO SESSIONS 1982-1996 (BELLACD14)

Bella Union will release this special double CD (30 tracks) in
September 1999. With a sleeve designed by Russell Mills (Eno, Sylvian,
NIN etc), the 2 CD set will contain ALL the John Peel session tracks
from the '80s along with more recent tracks culled from the Radio One
Mark Radcliffe show, and Robert Elms on GLR.

RUSSELL MILLS & UNDARK 'PEARL AND UMBRA' (BELLACD13)

This record is also due for release in September 1999.  It features
contributions from: Brian Eno, Thurston Moore, Kevin Shields, Michael
Brook, Sneaker Pimps, Trent Reznor, David Sylvian & Ingrid Chavez,
Bill Laswell, Harold Budd, Sussan Deyhim, Peter Gabriel and many more.
RUSSELL MILLS, the artist behind countless Eno & Sylvian album covers,
Tom Smyth (engineer) and Robin Guthrie (project general) use the
musical contributions from the above to paint their own fascinating
musical picture. This is a very cool record indeed!

BUYING BELLA UNION RELEASES

The entire Bella Union catalogue is available through our on-line
store, at the lowest prices around. Just go to
http://www.bellaunion.com with your credit card to order.

Alternatively you can write to us at:
PO Box 315, Twickenham, TW1 1TZ, UK, and enclose a sterling cheque or
IMO

Please keep in touch with us & let us know what you think of the Bella
Union releases..

Thanks for all your support.
Best wishes, Fiona, Robin, Simon & Pete at Bella Union

To be removed from our mailing list, simply reply with "REMOVE" in the
subject. If you have received this message in error, we apologize!!