Surf's Up

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Wed Jul 21 10:06:38 CEST 1999

>From: Stephen_J._Wood@... (Stephen J. Wood)
>
>Did everyone who wanted one get a copy of those Peel Session lists last
>month?
>
>Not sure if they've made it onto Stuart's web page

Um, not yet, I've been away for a fortnight. I've added it to the 'to-do'
list and will let everyone know when it's up.
>Secret Goldfish session was great! I didn't know their singer was in the
>Fizzbombs, I'm sure they played Bristol in the mid or late 80's, in fact I
>think I put them on!
>
>Weren't they an offshoot of the much missed Jesse Garon & the Desperados, who
>pre-empted Belle & Sebastian's sound by a decade!? (and I'm a big B&S fan,
>btw) (and I mean big!)
Don't know of a Jesse Garon connection, but the other 'famous' link in the
Goldfish is that one member was originally in the Mackenzies (which I'm
sure you'll agree is more difficult to hear than their Fizzbombs influence!)
Cheers

Stuart