Clinic/Sound of the suburbs

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Thu Feb 25 11:26:52 CET 1999

>Actually I didn't think it was too good either. But did anyone hear
>Freddy Fresh or whoever it was on Tuesday? I thought that was great,
>but then I'm not really up with this DJ business. PJ Harvey tonight!
>Is it a repeat or a new session does anyone know?
Apparently some bits hacked out of the live session she did at Peel Acres a
few months ago (?)

>I did rather like the new Fall single, and I'm not given to liking
>everything they do without question. Is it a New Fall or the old Fall
>(steven Hanley etc)?
I thought the dance remix was ok, haven't heard the actual single, but
sounded like there was a good song in there. I thought the new siongle was
'Inch', is there sonmething different out, or is it an EP or what.
I'd heard that Steven Hanley was back, but he could be gone again, given
the band's track record on personnel.

>From: "Les Miller" <Les_Miller@...>
>>As a Shifty Disco subscriber, I got a copy of the ...Suburbs sampler
>> and it's very good, esp Comatose. There was something on TV last
>> night which I missed (with the Delgados) and the series proper
>> starts this Saturday.

It was a chat with Peel, generally about the new series. Some good shots of
him from the '60's shown. and Stuart Hall was on too. Actualy, Peelie was
angling to fill in for Jack Docherty when he goes on holiday (he was making
a better job of quizzing Hall than JD was).

Stuart

http://www.vacant.demon.co.uk