Clinic/Sound of the suburbs

Andy Smith andys@...
Thu Feb 25 10:47:17 CET 1999

From: "Culhane, Edward " <culhanee@...>

> If I said I wasn't too impressed by Clinic's appearance live on the
> Peel show would I be a philistine

Actually I didn't think it was too good either. But did anyone hear
Freddy Fresh or whoever it was on Tuesday? I thought that was great,
but then I'm not really up with this DJ business. PJ Harvey tonight!
Is it a repeat or a new session does anyone know?

> Also that song by the band sounding like the delgados and the
> new Fall single were rather exellent.

I did rather like the new Fall single, and I'm not given to liking
everything they do without question. Is it a New Fall or the old Fall
(steven Hanley etc)?

From: "Les Miller" <Les_Miller@...>
>As a Shifty Disco subscriber, I got a copy of the ...Suburbs sampler
> and it's very good, esp Comatose. There was something on TV last
> night which I missed (with the Delgados) and the series proper
> starts this Saturday.

I didn't think it was brilliant but there's some good stuff on it.
The TV series was filmed ages ago - maybe 18 months. I seem to remember
them being in Oxford around the time of Sound City. Matt from the
Samurai 7, who are featured, told me some time last year that they
were worried about their bit because it was so old and they'd improved
a lot since.

AndyTBTG