clinic

Stuart McHugh smchugh@...
Wed Feb 24 14:25:56 CET 1999

>From: "Culhane, Edward " <culhanee@...>
>
>This list seems to be facing an early death.
well, no-one's trying to unsubscribe due to there being too much traffic,
and the quality of postings has been spam-free so far (albeit very lean
spam).

>If I said I wasn't too impressed by Clinic's appearance live on the
>Peel show would I be a philistine who wouldn't know good music if
>it came up and bit me on the arse or do "the best band in Britain"
>sound better on record?
Cuh, didn't hear it (only got back late last night) but what I saw/heard on
the NME tv show was a bit murky to say the ;least. And their Festive 50
tracks for this year weren't all that hot, not as catchy as "IPC
subeditors" was. I'd say that the musically-quite-close Male Nurse blow
them away or songs. I must digout that Pure Morning single...

>Also I sat and listened to the first 20mins of last nights show eating
>cornflakes and thought it a surprisingly wonderful experience. That
>first song seemed rather amazing although I only heard the end.
>Anyone care to comment on the "Sounds of the Suburbs EP".
I don't know what's on it though I've heard OF it... older listeners will
remember (!) the Sounds of the Suburbs SINGLE - clear vinyl as I recall...
>Also that song by the band sounding like the delgados and the new Fall
>single were rather exellent.
>Band like the Delgados - Camera Obscura, I presume? I though tht hey were
>abit more like Belle and Sebastian myself (then again, that's what
>everyone says about them, apart from their drummer!)

Stuart (the eternal optimist)

http://www.vacant.demon.co.uk