peel sessions live

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Sun Feb 7 18:20:49 CET 1999

> something tells me that it wasn't jp's choice to have these as the
> first 'peel session live' bands, but that various bbc bigwigs wanted
> more mainstream bands for the 1st gig to gain more exposure or
> something.. at least Clinic are live next month (whoohoo!)

A point to remember about the Festival Hall Peel gigs are that
they are not BBC free ticket jobs but commercial events that have
to make a profit.  I am sure the promoters were keen to make the
bill for the first one as commercial as possible.
Peel approves of both groups but given the choice I doubt he would
have put them on together. Once people have got used to the idea
of the concerts we hopefully will see some more experimental lineups

What do people think of the weekly Peel Acres shows as against the
London ones?

martinw