I bought it too

Andy Smith andys@...
Tue Dec 7 11:01:33 CET 1999

I bought the Bang Bang Machine single too! Although I never voted
in the Festive 50 until much more recently.

1978's Peelennium brought back lots of memories - first Peel show
experience, staying up late for a Stranglers session, listening
under the bedclothes on a little tranny, hearing dub for the first
time on a mono earpiece, jumpers for goalposts, the excitement of
buying a record (or taping it) and playing it absolutely to death,
when nowadays I can afford to buy far more and get less excitement
off each one, although I still get the odd gem.

AndyTBTG