Digest Number 131

Andy Smith andys@...
Fri Dec 3 11:07:23 CET 1999

> That Echoboy session was great, wasn't it.

Pretty good I thought, especially that Atonal Apples track.

> I wasn't too impressed by Murry The Hump, a bit too limp for me,
> with the notable exception of the classic "Kebab or Shag".

I thought the sound was a bit weak, didn't really capture the energy
or depth of the live sound, but they've got some great tunes.
Cracking Up's stuck in my head just now.

> And the Calexico session (which will have gone out tonight by the
> time anyone reads this) is certainly one of the best of the year!

And I missed most of it through a tape/timing problem! I love Calexico's
"Black Light" album, one of my favourites of the year (I assume it came out
this year, that's when I bought it).

Andy