Novak/Pram

Kim Harrison-Lavoie kimhl@...
Tue Apr 20 23:42:52 CEST 1999

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:42:00 +0100 Clare Woodmansey
<cwoodmansey@...> wrote:

> From: "Clare Woodmansey" <cwoodmansey@...>
>
> > From: "Kevin Culhane" <culhanee@...>
>

> > Also I heard a bit of a track recently by a band called
> Pram, also I > believe from Birmingham. It seemed pretty
> good. The band name > sounds familiar but it may be that I
> have them mixed up with Tram.
>
> pram have been going for ages (a number of albums on Too
> Pure, and singles etc on various labels) - they are seen as
> the elder statesmen of the Brum scene, even though most of
> the other (better) Birmingham bands are of similar age.
> There's no danger of getting them mixed up with Tram,
> Pram sound pretty cooky - somewhat unusual instruments,
> crap singing etc.

I was never too impressed by seeing Pram live or the few
recordings I'd heard by them but I think their new ep is
great, in particular the "Space Siren" track which is
rather wonderful IMO. It doesn't have any vocals - maybe
that's why it is so good?

Kim
Kim Harrison-Lavoie
kimhl@...