Novak/Pram

Clare Woodmansey cwoodmansey@...
Tue Apr 20 21:42:00 CEST 1999

> From: "Kevin Culhane" <culhanee@...>

> After last weeks monumental Novak session

so you have a tape of this? Interested in a trade?

> I seem to remember
> hearing a track from them a few years ago which wasn't as
> wonderful and which meant I ignored them up till now

They are different now (more confident?) but I still reckon their first 3
singles are pretty great. Album out next Monday.

> Also I heard a bit of a track recently by a band called Pram, also I
> believe from Birmingham. It seemed pretty good. The band name
> sounds familiar but it may be that I have them mixed up with Tram.

pram have been going for ages (a number of albums on Too Pure, and singles
etc on various labels) - they are seen as the elder statesmen of the Brum
scene, even though most of the other (better) Birmingham bands are of
similar age. There's no danger of getting them mixed up with Tram, Pram
sound pretty cooky - somewhat unusual instruments, crap singing etc.

Rob