[peel] Re: Peely statue in Liverpool

m.luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Sat Sep 28 18:18:10 CEST 2019

yet - if he hadnt used his (creative ?) judgement to choose to play the records he did the creative types he showcased would have been stymied and the world would have been a very different place. whole genres might never have happened and certain individuals' and bands' careers would have been very different. i doubt 6music would  even exist.however i think he would have hated the idea of a statue as he was always the first to diminish his own importance. markSent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: "johnpeel3904@yahoo.co.uk [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 28/09/2019  14:58  (GMT+00:00)
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] Re: Peely statue in Liverpool

      I agree he had an impact on listeners lives. No doubt about that. But Peel only played records, just like any other DJ's. I agree he had a personality that was worth listening, compared to most DJ's who were very annoying or quite dull. But he never created music unlike Billy Fury, who did use creativity. I think that's why there are certain criterias for statues. Even Peel acknowledged I remembered in an interview that he said a bus driver has a harder job than a Radio 1 disc jockey, who just simply plays records.