Peely statue in Liverpool

thebarguest@... thebarguest@...
Fri Sep 27 14:16:37 CEST 2019

In the latest 1981 BFBS show from Berlin Eddie (many thanks), Peely jokily mentions a monument to himself that a listener suggested. That's a coincidence because I've recently been musing/hoping about a statue (got to be in Liverpool of course). There are a statues of Ken Dodd, Beatles and Billy Fury already, why not John Peel, a monumental influencer of popular music in the late 20th century ? Just don't put it near Anfield stadium, I don't want to go there, ha ha...