Billy Bragg At The BBC

RobF robfleay@...
Fri Sep 20 15:49:30 CEST 2019

There is a new Billy Bragg At The BBC compilation out today, which has many
selections from his various Peel Sessions, along with some other pretty
great BBC archive tracks

What's currently got me confused thought is the last Peel Session track on
the comp is a cover of the Lee Hays track called Lonesome Traveller - dated
8th December 2004.

Obviously this is after Peel's death, when Rob Da Bank was presenting.
There is no mention of this track on the wiki for the 8th Dec 2004, so I
guess that was the recording date at MV. It's not mentioned in Ken's book
either

I finally found it on the wiki for the show 23rd Dec
https://peel.fandom.com/wiki/23_December_2004_(Rob_Da_Bank)
Where is is listed as a Peel Session track, but neither Ken's book or the
wiki mention BB in specifically in session that  night (and it's the only
BB track played)

I suspect the answer is in the file, but the link on the wiki is dead and I
can't immediately find it elsewhere

Does anyone have it?
Cheers

PS - congrats to Stuart for finishing the Lee Tapes - I remember when he
contacted me it seemed an insurmountable task!