[peel] Re: Bop On

Mike Parker parkermike81@...
Fri Oct 25 23:18:44 CEST 2019

 Interesting recollections, more than i can remember. Annoying thing is it's probably up on Discogs staring us in the face, hope it turns up sometime.On Friday, 25 October 2019, 21:47:03 BST, johnpeel3904@... [peel] <peel@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I do remember his track. It was basically a parody of the 1981 Royal Wedding and was released as a 7" single. The 7" single had a cartoon drawing I recall of the royal bride and groom in the car. It was a one off single. No other singles or albums was released by that artist. The lyrics I think I remembered were not in the song title. I believe I heard it on one of John Leonhard's Dad's tapes that he uploaded on the Peel wiki site. I believe it may have been released in 1981 or 1982. Unfortunately I can't remember the song title or artist. I do know it was on YouTube, because I remembered seeing it after hearing the song on one of John Leonhard's Dad's tapes around 6 years ago I think.