[peel] Re: Yahoo Groups is a Norwegian Blue

saipanda@... saipanda@...
Sat Oct 19 06:32:35 CEST 2019

Further to Paul's point, I thought of the Wiki as a possible solution as well, but don't think this would really work.

 - As far as I know, there is no mail groups function on the wiki, so we couldn't just migrate the group over there as it stands. The wiki does, though, have a Forums section, which could be used to keep the group in emergency contact if the existing Yahoo group is suddenly shut down, while something else is being worked out.

 - In terms of the wiki as a possible backup archive, while a new site for the group is found or the mail list alone continues, I don't think there is any simple way to dump everything over there from here in terms of messages and files.

 - I wondered whether the Wayback Machine at archive.org might be a solution for an archive in the event the Yahoo group suddenly vanishes, but they don't seem to have anything indexed (because it's a closed group?).