[peel] Re: Yahoo Groups is a Norwegian Blue

iaparkin@... iaparkin@...
Fri Oct 18 05:10:16 CEST 2019

The files, photos and links are easy enough to make available online. as they are flat files. I can also upload the posts somewhere either as a dump of the SQLLite database, flat files or something similar.

 The PG software has a number of options for exporting to flat files, but they are pretty simplistic date ordered dumps. An example of a HTML formatted dump page is here - https://bit.ly/2nZB3ee https://bit.ly/2nZB3ee. The messages are presented 50 per page, so 489 files and 96MB in total, with each page having a pretty ugly header with the text of the individual posts appearing below.

 Making the post available in a more readable readable threaded format will take a little bit more effort, but that is also doable.

 NB - There are also options for exporting as SQLLite and MySQL dumps, but they unfortunately crash the PG program on my desktop.

---In peel@yahoogroups.com, <grafpoo@...> wrote :

 yes, it's $110 to use the groups.io http://groups.io migration tool. probably better than trying to cajole you into uploading all that content, heh