Yahoo Groups is a Norwegian Blue

iaparkin@... iaparkin@...
Thu Oct 17 23:41:53 CEST 2019

Preserving the content.

 I have been using a tool called PG Offline http://www.personalgroupware.com/ to download the conversations, files and photos from this and a number of other Yahoo Groups that I am a member of. The files, links and photos are download as files within a folder structure on disk and the conversations/posts are loaded into a SQLLite database from which they can be extracted and parsed.

 At the moment I have the following downloaded/archived.
 Conversations/Posts = 24,432 Files = 104 / 101 MB Photos = 140 / 30MB Links = 28  As was mentioned previously, groups.io appears to have functionality to migrate data. It would seem worth doing this just have an online backup.