[peel] Yahoo Groups is a Norwegian Blue

RobF robfleay@...
Thu Oct 17 18:45:19 CEST 2019

It's not 100% clear - it says:

Here’s Yahoo’s list of what it will remove:

   - Files
   - Polls
   - Links
   - Photos
   - Folders
   - Calendar
   - Database
   - Attachments
   - Conversations
   - Email Updates
   - Message Digest
   - Message History

I know we have had a few bits and pieces in the Files section, but the rest
is unused apart from the archive of the mail conversations - which has been
quite useful when going back to try and remember what was said about some
obscure thing or other in 2007!

But yes for now it looks like the email functionality will continue

Question is whether people want to move to a web-based platform, There are
the Reddit groups, plus several Facebook groups, but I suspect a lot of us
are happy to just stay as we are. Setting up our own ListServ should be
fairly straightforward - I'll do some digging