[peel] Mystery Box

stuartb@... stuartb@...
Wed Oct 2 16:30:24 CEST 2019

Hi John.

 I really don't know much about how these cheap converters work, I assume you just connect them via USB and you end up with an mp3 file using the software provided.

 If you then have an mp3 file on your PC or laptop you can upload to where we put our files, on the Mooo server. There's a link to an upload form on this webpage here http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/incoming/Upload.html http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/incoming/Upload.html and you will also see there is an option to request a user folder and you then get a password for ftp upload, which is handy if you have a lot of uploads.

 As Tim says the quality of the cheap converters is variable, sometimes poor, but you could maybe upload one of the tapes to see what it's like. What equipment were they recorded on?

 But I'm more than willing to do all the work myself if you are happy to send me the tapes. There's probably a very good chance that many of your tapes will be new, as only about a third of the 80s has been found so far. And with some tracklistings available for unshared shows then it would be possible to date some of them too.

 Stuart