groups.io group set up

john guthrie grafpoo@...
Fri Nov 29 16:06:41 CET 2019

so i have set up a replacement group, peel,groups,io - i've migrated all
files and photos, and am making an attempt to move all the
conversations/messages. i opted to go the free route, so doing it all by
hand, which means -
 - messages are being downloaded in bulk and saved in the files section.
 - users are not migrated

as for the users, one of the current moderators added me to the list, which
allowed me to see all the email addresses for sign-up members
(approximately 1040 of us). i am going to send a one-off email to each of
those emails with directions on how to join the groups.io list. but it's
pretty easy, go to
  https://peel.groups.io
and there's a join-up button.

the hard/tedious part is that every new joiner needs to be confirmed, as
does every first post for each user. i don't expect to be swamped, but if
anyone else fancies himself a potential admin email me and i will happily
grant that permission

have a look and let me know what you think.
john