Lowlife 6th May 1985

RobF robfleay@...
Mon May 6 11:55:29 CEST 2019

Someone on the New Order forum is searching for the Peel show dated 6th May
1985, where he played most of New Order's Lowlife for the first time
(having just received a copy)

Nothing on the wiki so I guess it's never turned up - but his recollections
might be enough to start a tracklisting on the wiki (as follows)

"I tuned into Peel's show that night 6th May 1985 after a horribly boring
and despairing May bank holiday as a 16 year old in the hope i could be
saved by the longshot that Peel would play tracks off New Order's upcoming
new album Low Life that was to be released a week later.I hadn't heard a
single note of the upcoming album and didn't even have any live boots back
then.Then a few minutes into the show i gasped as Peel announced he'd
received a copy of Low Life just before the show went on air.He hadn't even
to had a chance listen to the songs himself.He proceeded to play Love
Vigilantes, Perfect Kiss, This Time Of Night and Sunrise one after the
other as i grappled around frantically trying to find and get a cassette
into the stereo to record it.He was hearing them for the first time as were
his listeners.Recall he later might have played Sooner Than You Think and
SubCulture.Then the next night he played Face Up.I didn't hear Elegia til i
bought the album on its release a week later.  "