Peel's Picks: Love & Hate

johnpeel3904@... johnpeel3904@...
Tue Jan 15 20:28:20 CET 2019

I liked Peel shows where he mixed indie, folk, world music, hip hop, electronic, etc all in one show. He started doing that in the early 80's, somewhere from the start of 1983 onwards. I wasn't a fan of his shows during the late 70's and early 80's, where it was just only punk and reggae. I thought that was very limiting & boring, even though I like those types of music. I wasn't keen on much of his early 70's stuff, with the prog rock stuff but I did like occasionally his Night Ride shows, which had a mixture of different music from the late 60's. I think in my opinion his best shows were from the mid 80's until early 90's.