[peel] Lee Tapes Updateno

m.luetchford M.Luetchford@...
Wed Mar 14 09:15:33 CET 2018

Not certain I followed all that but think the upshot is that there are loads more shows to come and some are unedited! Thanks Stuart.

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: "stuartb@brooks22.plus.com [peel]" <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 13/03/2018  3:43 pm  (GMT+00:00)
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Lee Tapes Update

      I've finished 2.5 boxes out of 7, up to Lee's Tape No 216, which takes us to April 1994.

I then got a surprise when I went to Tape 221 and found it jumped ahead to November 1998! So I decided to catalogue the remaining tapes from the 4.5 boxes.

So, it turns out there are three numbering systems and I've just finished one of

them.

Lee's Tape No 1 to Lee's Tape 216 - December 1987-April 1994.
(Done, apart from a few missing, some of which have cropped up in later boxes and will be ripped)

Lees N1 to N45, 46-309 January 1995-Jan 2000 (nothing for the rest of 1994)

Then the numbering system restarts at 229, to 327 Jan 2000 on

Then the tapes with unedited shows, lots of C120s, split
between 2
Miscellaneous boxes

So, the numbers for the Wiki -
1-216 as they are, then 217-505 for
N1-309 then (roughly) 506-613 for 229-327 then (roughly) 614
onwards for the miscellaneous unlabelled tapes containing complete shows.

The Original Lee Tape 3 is in fact from the second No 3 so it's been moved to Lee Tape 219, and the real Lee Tape 3 has no Peel content. The tape I recorded from 1998, is now Lee Tape 443, just uploaded today.

The 1998 tape contains just over half an hour from two new shows, 1st December and 24th November 1998, and from already available show 10th December 1998. The first show has some Peel gems, including him imitating his 1980s self, and discussing his OBE with Mary Anne Hobbs. The tape itself is a surprisingly good Amstrad, and is a sound upgrade for the 10th December show. Tape here

Stuart